Silas Chapter 1.2 - Things are looking up


Silas stared into his drink. He and his father had gotten into another argument, though thanks to his only true friend in life, he had already forgotten what it the fight was about. The only thing Silas was thankful for, was that he was alone in this place. It was a remnant of whatever life was had before, before the island was nearly wiped out, and there were some strange things left rotting away around the area. Silas wasn't sure what the fake bull was meant for, but it sat lifeless, whatever it's original intent was, it was long forgotten. There were a lot of things like that left around the island, but no one knew what any of it was for. Strange lights in the ceilings, devices no one knew how to use in the older houses, all junk to the island's current residents.


Silas sighed and took another swig of his drink. He let his thoughts wonder, and suddenly he was angry. Angry at everything. Angry at nothing. He felt trapped here, surrounded by the same people, the same buildings, the same everything all the time. He wished he knew how to leave, but he didn't know how.


He started shouting at the air, arguing with no one, arguing with himself. He didn't understand what was wrong with him, why he was so angry all the time. His anger is what drove Marilyn away, into the arms of Brandon. She was the only person he could never get angry with, even though they were only children at the time. He just wished that he could be calmer, more rational, and to stop feeling the urge to fight with everyone. He needed a hobby, one that didn't involve drinking until he passed out.


Silas wondered outside and found a small area behind some stalls with some tools and clay. "Maybe I could make things," he thought, hell, his parents were the most creative people on the entire island, so maybe he had inherited their natural talent. He gave sculpting a try but no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't transfer the image of a lion he saw in one of his books to the clay, and he quickly gave up. He wondered around the area a little more, trying things here and there, even tried his hand at horseshoes, but even playing against himself, he still managed to lose. Defeated, he started walking home.


On his way home, he ran into her, Marilyn. She even hugged him. All Silas could think about was how nice she smelled, and how tall she had gotten since the last time he'd seen her.

"Hey Silas! Long time no see! Really, it's amazing we haven't run into each other sooner, I can see your house from mine!"

Suddenly Silas felt shy. She was beautiful, tall, lean, and she had grown her hair out, and he wished he could touch it.

"Yeah, I guess we've just been busy, huh. Mrs. Swiftstream is brutal with the amount of homework she gives out."

"Oh yeah, she really is. I remember staying up all night just to work on some essay about local history, as if we all didn't already have it all memorized by now." The way she laughed sent chills down Silas's spine.


"So...how are things with your parents?"she asked him.
"Uh...not so great. We fight a lot. It's really all my fault, my parents are both incredibly kind, even after a fight, they still want to be around me for some reason."
"Well, they love you, dummy."
"I just wish I could be a better son. I don't know why I'm so hot-headed." Silas looked down, nervously fiddling with his hands.


"I'm sure you'll grow out of it, I wasn't always so level headed myself just a few years ago." Marilyn reached over and patted Silas's leg.
"Marilyn," Silas began, "how come..."
"What?"
"Well, why did you stop hanging out with me? Is it because, you know, how I am?"


"What, no! I don't know, really, I guess helping my parents out has kept me busy. And then I started seeing Brandon but that didn't really work out, honestly. He's nice and all, but he's too nice, you know? Like, I feel like I could never measure up to him, or to his ideals about what a partner should be. I dunno. He was even really nice when I ended things which made me feel even worse! He comforted me and everything!
"Really?"
"Yes! Anyone that nice is hiding something, I just know!" Marilyn laughed, again sending chills through Silas.
"Maybe he's secretly evil or something, and is planning to enslave us all." Marilyn chuckled and Silas vowed to make sure she never stopped laughing.
"It's nice, being here with you again. I remember coming to this park as kids. I was always beating you at Gnubb." She poked Silas in the ribs as he protested, she did not always win!


The rest of the night went like this. Silas and Marilyn talked for hours, reminiscing about their childhood or filling each other in on their lives since they parted ways. Silas held on to her every word, wanting to everything there was to know about her, her favorite color, her favorite food, her favorite music, favorite book, what she wanted to do with her life, everything. Tonight was a good start.

He couldn't remember the last time he was this happy. He and Marilyn would meet up every night after she was finished helping her parent's at the shop, and he was finished with his homework (which he was suddenly inspired to start doing again, much to his parents' astonishment, not that they were complaining).


Every morning at breakfast, all Silas could talk about what he and Marilyn had been up to the night before, fishing, swimming, finding shapes in the stars and naming them, everything. Lily and Nathan smiled and nodded along, just happy that their son was finally happy about something, even if that something was a girl, and even if they were tired of hearing about it. They wanted the best for him, and it seemed he was finally to mellow out. Maybe they wouldn't have to worry about him anymore, at least not when it came to him getting into trouble with the law. They could look past him coming home late all the time, since now instead of getting drunk and smashing anything he came across, he was out with Marilyn. She was a nice girl, kind, and had never gotten into any sort of trouble. She would be a good influence on Silas, Lily was sure of it.


One night Nathan was ruminating. He wanted to keep his son out of trouble, give him some direction in life, something he could be passionate about and, more importantly, keep him out of trouble. Nathan had caught his son sneaking off to get drunk at the abandoned community center, had seen his son making all kinds of interesting and creative nectars. Suddenly, Nathan knew exactly how to help his son. He just needed to talk to Lily, to get her approve. Nathan knew she would reject his idea at first, but he knew how to convince her. What was the point in having all this money if they couldn't spend it?


Chapter 1.3
                                                           ___________________

Author's notes: Silas rolled the mixology career which to me is super boring so I wont be focusing on it too much. I played it a lot years ago when it first came out and sort of burnt myself out on it. Too bad all the rolls I've gotten so far are things I've been drawn to do before. I also wish writing and painting weren't so lucrative, especially since I have mods that lower the base wages for regular careers. I'm only on generation 2 here and my Sims have way too much money. Only in the Sims can a bunch of farmers afford $1000+ paintings! I also have to squeeze as much out of Silas and Marilyn because unfortunately I did roll single parent, so I wanted to make sure Marilyn got some screen time with me (even though I moved her in pretty quickly after Silas aged up, because my Sims are hooking up fast with SP and I didn't wanted her to get married and start having babies). Marilyn is too pretty to not have tons of screenshots of!

I also finally found where I got the lot Silas is at! It's Murfeel's Vaes Dothrak which you can find here. It's a fun little lot that I had completely forgotten about. I plopped it down because it kinda fits the theme I was going for here.

Comments

  1. Love how irritable sims look staring down into their drinks. Silas is about to have a rough ride in life, that's what I think. It would be cool if he started a brewery instead of becoming a mixologist (I still haven't rolled that with the Sparrows, but that's where I just might take it if I do). Mixology is weird as a job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mixology is fun as supplemental income but it's rough as a full time job. Maybe one of my income mods lowers how much bartenders make but Silas was JUST barely scraping by. When I had Lily move in with him, she brought $200k with her although I'm not sure how she even made that much! Lily & Nathan were my original founders but since I moved to different versions of the island so much, the pictures looked weird so I just started the blog with Silas.

      I hope I don't roll mixology ever again!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Silas Chapter 1.4 - First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage.

Silas Chapter 1.3 - Sleeping Peacefully