Chapter 2 Evelyn Gen 2 - I just know it


Although she was constantly busy with her inventions, Evelyn always made time for Anthony. They both graduated together a year ago, Evelyn started her own small business of selling her inventions, and Anthony tried dabbling in writing even if he wasn't very good at it.
Tonight they were at the Watering Hole. They were the only two people here other than the guy supplying them with plenty of drinks. For Evelyn, this was a special night, and she needed the liquid courage. She felt a little guilty that she wasn't at her dad's bar, but she wanted to be alone with Anthony, just this once. She knew how much Anthony was afraid of her father.


They made out a lot.


And danced a lot. Evelyn was trying her best to get her confidence up. She wasn't exactly sure why she was so nervous, she already knew the answer to her question anyway. Maybe it was the officiality of it all that was getting to her. They danced for another song before Evelyn caressed Anthony's face then clasped his hands in hers.


"I love you," she began, "more than anything. I've never loved anyone else, not that you've ever given me the chance to."
Anthony started to interrupt her, but she shushed him.
"I want you with me, forever. Wherever we may go, whatever we may do, I want you there by my side."


"Anthony Wisp


"will you marry me?"


"Oh Evelyn, of course I will!"
After they were done embracing each other, Anthony took a moment to poke some fun at her expense.
"Hey, shouldn't I be the on purposing?"
"We graduated over a year ago, I didn't think you ever would!"
"That hurts me deep, Evie, real deep. I'll have you know that I've been working on finding you the biggest, sparkliest rock on this island."
"Oh have you?"
"Yeah, so you could experiment with it."
Another fit of laughter, Evelyn was overcome with emotion.


She threw herself into Anthony's arms, trusting that he would catch her. He did, of course. He would never let his future wife down.

They ordered more drinks and danced the night away.


They weren't entirely vertical for some of the dancing.





Back at home, Evelyn and Anthony broke the happy news to Silas and Lily. Lily was ecstatic for the two love birds, while Silas grumpily accepted that his daughter was an adult now, and could do whatever, or whoever, she wanted. Silas was even starting to tolerate Anthony. Sort of.


After making excuses to leave, a very giggly Evelyn and Anthony slipped away to her bedroom for the night.


Silas did his best to ignore them. He drank a lot.


_________________


The morning of the wedding, Silas was NOT a happy man. He decided to take frustrations out on what he thought the problem was: Anthony.
"What do you think you're doing here?" he yelled at Anthony.
"Um, getting ready?"
Lily decided it was best to let Silas get everything out of his system now instead of at the wedding.
"You think you can just come in here and take my daughter!? My baby girl?? Did your father put you up to this? Because he couldn't have Marilyn??"
"I don't know what you're talking about, sir!"
"You know exactly what I'm talking about!"
"Mr. Rivers, please!"
"This is all your fault!"


And then Silas attacked Anthony. Lily took a step back, disappointed in her son.
Silas took all his rage out on Anthony, and Anthony just let him.


Anthony's entire body hurt, but at least his face was untouched. The only thing that hurt more than his body was his ego.
"I don't know what your problem is, Mr. Rivers, but I love your daughter. I would never let anything happen to her," he pleaded to Silas now, "I know you don't like me, as you've very obviously demonstrated, but you don't have to, because Evelyn is all that matters."
Silas was silent as Anthony continued.
"I only want what's best for her and for some reason, by some struck of luck, Evelyn loves me back. Today she wants to marry me. You don't have to like it, but that's what's going to happen today."
Silas stared at the young man for a few seconds. He hated that the stupid boy was right. But instead of apologizing, Silas just walked out of the room.


"What have I gotten myself into," was all Anthony could think. "I hope you know what you're doing."

______________

That night, Evelyn and Anthony exchanged vows.


"I promise to love and to cherish you, through sickness, and in health, for the rest of my days" Evelyn said as she stared into her now husband's beautiful blue eyes. 


"I promise to love and to protect you, for poorer or richer, for the rest of my days" Anthony said back to her, wondering how he had managed to get so lucky. If one angry father is all he had to deal with, then he considered it all worth it. 


Even Silas got caught up in the moment, staring at his wonderful daughter, who looked so much like his Marilyn. He couldn't help but shed a few tears. He wished his wife could be here to see their daughter all grown up. He hoped that he had done a good enough job, raising their two children by himself. He hoped that Marilyn would be proud of him, of them. Someday, he hoped to find out.

The ceremony was beautiful, but Evelyn knew why everyone was really here: free food!


Silas manned the drinks while Lily set out all the food she'd made for this very special occasion. She hadn't gotten to see Silas and Marilyn or Wyatt and Deidre exchange vows, so she was more than happy to make food for almost half the village just to see her grandbaby get married. 
Evelyn danced happily with Derrick, Anthony's grandpa. Derrick still had some moves for his age!
"I can't wait until you pop out some great grandkids for me."
Evelyn laughed, "Oh, I think that'll be awhile. There's still so much I want to do first!"


After dancing and chatting with everyone that attended, Evelyn finally made her way over to her husband.
"You look so beautiful," it was all Anthony could think about every time he laid his eyes on her.
"And you look very handsome. Dance with me?"
"Forever and always."




"May I cut in?" Wyatt approached the happy couple.
"Of course you can" Anthony stepped back. "I'll just go see what my lovely grandmother is up to."
"So you finally married him, huh?" Wyatt grinned.
"It took us long enough, but I've always done things at my own pace."
"True. Hey, remember that time you set Dad's hair on fire?"
"Shh, Wyatt, don't remind him of that! He only just forgot about it, and it's only been, what, 8 years?"
Wyatt chuckled, "You're going to do great things, Evie, I just know it."
"What do you mean?" she replied, confused.
"You're too smart for this place. You're gonna figure it all out." Wyatt let go of her hands.
"Figure what out?"
"How to leave."
"Wha--"
"I just know it, okay. I need to take Deidre home, Crystal wont babysit him forever. Don't forget to tell me goodbye before you go, okay? I love you." and with that, Wyatt turned and walked away. Evelyn was dumbfounded. Leave? Where would they go? And how? 






Finally, after hours of dancing, eating, and reminiscing, they were back home and exhausted. But not too exhausted....



Evelyn went to bed the happiest she's ever been. 



_________________



A few months later, and it was finally complete. It had taken her a long time, working on it when everyone was finally gone for the day. Anthony had gotten a new job at the school, her dad back at the bar, and grandma going to help him there (but really just to play pool and drink).


Lily had built a secret room in the basement. She couldn't stop thinking about what her brother had said.

She needed answers. 

She began working immediately. 

_________________

Author's note: Seriously, Evelyn kept setting her self on fire. I was so afraid that she would die before the next generation was born that I panicked and got her pregnant much sooner than I had planned, but I guess that's just how it all works out. 


For story purposes, no one knows about this room. But Evelyn caught her self on fire...a lot. I ended up fulfilling enough wishes to get Fireproof Homestead lifetime reward just to get her to stop setting herself on fire, after a particularly big scare. She caught on fire when no one else as home, so I had to rush Silas home, into the basement, through the hidden door, and finally put her out. I don't think she had very many minutes to spare lol. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Silas Chapter 1.4 - First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage.

Silas Chapter 1.2 - Things are looking up

Silas Chapter 1.3 - Sleeping Peacefully